Tuesday 30 September 2008

Internet at home & video calling

Thanks to the wonder that is other people's incompetence we now have internet at my friends apartment. This will make finding somewhere to live a lot easier. That said, Cafe dem Engelbecken where I was using the internet before was by a small lake and was a nice place to use the internet.

I also phoned home on Skype and had a video call on Skype with my parents (I had to literally point to the button to press to get them to start the video). But once we managed that, and I got over the terrible quality of my old webcam I'd given to my parents to use we had a good chat. My parents even managed to show me some German language software I'd been sent which was somewhat underwhelming.

Anyway, I find it reassuring that despite being in a different country, separated by an ocean that my parents are still able to nag me.

No comments: