Saturday 27 December 2008

Christmas in Berlin: Friedrichshain

On Sunday I wanted to show my parents my apartment and Friedrichsain the area where I live. After showing them my apartment, it was around 11am and thus in true English tradition, time for a cup of tea. Mercifully my parents had brought over a huge box of Twinings English Breakfast tea for me:


After this I took my parents to a local flea market to look round. The flea market in Boxhandler Platz in Friedrichshain is a lot cooler than the one in Mauerpark. There is a nice mix of cheap furniture, random tat and kitch furniture and lighting.

After the flea market my family went back to their rented apartment and I returned to mine. I arranged to meet some people from CS at a local bar. About 8 or so people turned up, including the Australian girl I had spoken to on the Friday. We stayed for a few drinks and some table football before most of the people left for a club. Myself and two others decided to move onto another bar instead and ended up playing darts in a rock bar.

No comments: