Friday 3 October 2008

Potsdamerplatz

Today, the people of Berlin are celebrating the reunification of Germany back in 1989 so there are a lot of events going on today and tonight. I'll be meeting up with the guys from last night and heading to one of the many parties.

With a few hours to spare I decided to go to Potsdamerplatz. I've been there before last time I was in Berlin during Berlinale. Its mostly shops, cinemas (which there are several of dotted around) and theatres. There is also a Legoland Museum which were thinking of going to during Berlinale but thought the price was a bit much for the novelty of going in (both my sister and Michael worked for Lego for a few months).

I snapped a few tourist shots while I was there:

SDC10050.JPG

SDC10051.JPG

SDC10052.JPG

Most of the buildings in Potsdamerplatz are tall, spralling modern things with creative and just plain mad designs, which I love.

There was also some market/fair which from the signs I guessed was an East/West thing, but it just looked like an excuse to eat and drink (not that I'm complaining). One of the stands had a lifesize Lego model of a Bugatti T35:

SDC10054.JPG

The stall next to this was selling metal scale models of various Bugatti cars, including the Veyron. The model of the Veyron which was roughly 8 inches or so long, cost €250. Pure extortion.

I'll have to wrap this up as I need to be going out very soon, but rest assured Pete, I'll get that photo of the lake and it'll be well worth the wait.

No comments: